The holidays are a time for family, friends, fun, and of course, food!
But with all the delicious treats that come with this festive season, it can be hard to stay healthy. Here are 10 tips to help you stay healthy over the holiday season.
- Get moving! Exercise is key in staying healthy. Incorporate some type of physical activity into your daily routine—even if it’s just taking a quick walk around the block or doing some light stretching after dinner.
- Eat your vegetables! Despite all the delectable desserts available during the holidays, make sure to incorporate plenty of vegetables into your diet as well. This will give you an extra boost of nutrients and vitamins that will keep you feeling energized and strong throughout the holiday season.
- Stay hydrated! It can be easy to forget about drinking water when there are so many other beverages available during this time of year like hot cocoa and eggnog. Make sure to stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day—more if you’re eating lots of salty foods or indulging in adult beverages.
- Take breaks from eating! When surrounded by so much delicious food during holiday parties and family gatherings, it can be easy to overindulge without even realizing it! Make sure to take a break from eating every once in a while, to give your body a chance to digest what you’ve already eaten before piling more food onto your plate.
- Get enough sleep! Resting is essential for staying healthy during this busy time of year—especially since our bodies need more energy when we’re out late partying or shopping for gifts! Aim for 8 hours of sleep per night if possible; if not, make sure to get in some cat naps throughout the day when needed.
- Practice mindful eating! Mindful eating is all about being aware of what you’re putting into your body and savoring each bite instead of mindlessly shovelling food into your mouth without paying attention to taste or texture. This way, you’ll enjoy both the act of eating and your meal much more than if you were merely stuffing yourself with holiday treats without thinking twice about it!
Avoid sugary drinks! Sodas, alcoholic beverages, shakes…they all contain added sugar which can lead to weight gain and weakened immunity during this busy time of year when everyone needs an extra boost in order to stay healthy and happy throughout their celebrations! Try opting for healthier alternatives such as sparkling water or kombucha instead whenever possible – your body will thank you later!
Snack smartly! Snacking isn't always bad - in fact, snacking on healthy foods throughout the day can help prevent overeating later on! Reach for fruits, nuts, yogurt or whole-grain crackers, instead of candy bars or chips next time hunger strikes.
Take supplements! Taking a daily multivitamin is an easy way to ensure that you're getting enough vitamins and minerals that may be lacking due to dietary restrictions or lack thereof over this festive period.
- Laugh often! Laughter has been proven multiple times by health professionals worldwide - laughing helps reduce stress levels, boosts immunity, reduces anxiety, depression & fatigue! So don't forget find something funny every single day & laugh to your heart's content!
Staying healthy over the holidays doesn’t have to be difficult – just follow these simple tips and enjoy your festivities guilt-free knowing that you’re taking care of yourself while still having fun!
Looking for a little extra boost during the holidays?
Here at Trim and Tone, we believe in giving you every advantage in your body transformation goals. Our Infratens belt makes it easier than ever to tighten and tone, even while you’re relaxing over the holidays.
(And don’t have time to hit the gym!)