We all know the importance of keeping active throughout the day, but time is a huge factor as many of us spend most of our day stationary at work, or at your desk! If you happen to be short on time, why not try working out at your desk at work? The following are a few exercises that you can do while utilising your space.
1. Desk Chair ab swivels - Similar to the torso rotation machine at the gym, you can use your desk chair to work on your abs as well! Simply elevate your feet of the ground while lightly holding onto your desk. As you twist back and forth make sure you constrict your abs focusing on your obliques and core at least 15 times.
2. Chair squats - A super simple exercise you can do at your desk are chair squats. Simply stand up with your chair behind you and squat as close to your seat as possible without sitting, stand while clenching your glutes and repeat 15 times.
3. Seated bicycle crunches - Similarly to bicycle crunches that you do while on the ground, you can simply do the same while in your chair. Place your hands behind your head and alternate touching your knee to your opposite elbow! do 15 on each side.
4. Arm pulses - Sit straight up in your seat with your feet flat on the ground and raise your arms out to each of your side parallel to the ground facing your palms up to the ceiling. Start to quickly pulse your arms up and down for 20 reps or until you can no longer do them.
5. Calf raises - You can either do these sitting down or standing up (preferably standing with support from your desk or chair). Simply lift your heels up until you're on your tippy toes then slowly bring them down. Repeat 3 sets of 15.
Being and staying active is important when it comes to keeping our bodies healthy! Take every moment you can to improve your body's performance including at work when you are stationary! You can also use your Trim and Tone belt to keep your core nice and strong.