Counting calories and restricting your diet isn't the only way to help you boost your weight loss, nor is it the best way to lose actual fat! Here are some expert ways to boost your metabolism, reduce your weight, and feel great while not depriving yourself from the occasional treat.
1. Try Out Intermittent Fasting: Believe it or not, intermittent fasting is a fantastic way to boost your metabolism and is a great way to heal your gut. There are plenty of studies out there that show that intermittent fasting can provide many health benefits. So what is intermittent fasting? Intermittent fasting is eating within a restricted window of time. There are many different kinds you can try, and remember longer fasting isn't always necessarily better! Most do a 16/8 window where they fast for 16 hours and eat within an 8 hour period. Use that window of time to eat nutrient dense foods with protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Remember to focus on meals instead of snacking, as snacking will only make you more hungry.
2.Increase Protein and Fiber intake: In yesterday's blog I had mentioned that increasing protein is an excellent way to fill you up and burn fat and adding fiber to the mix is a dynamic way to take it up a notch. This is because the combo of protein and fiber stabilize your blood sugar and take longer to digest and in turn, keeps you full longer and keep those sugar cravings at bay!
3. Ditch the Booze: Not only are alcoholic drinks just unnecessary calories added to your day, studies show that it can mess with your sleep cycle and metabolism and can lead to cravings. It may also make you bloated caused by fluid retention and no one likes to be bloated.
4. Strengthen Your Core: In a previous blog post, I wrote about how a strong core is beneficial to everyday life. It is literally used in all of our daily movements and having a strong core can help you use less energy throughout the day! Not only does having a strong core help you be stronger, you'll burn more calories! Try planking every day and use your Trim and Tone belt as recommended too!
5.Run, Don't Walk, Away From Processed Foods: Do yourself a huge favor and stop listening to that little voice in your head that tells you it's okay to eat those chips or cookies. As stated in yesterday's post, anything packaged is sure to ruin the progress you are making when it comes to losing weight. Experts also state to limit your dairy intake and substitute white bread for wholegrain instead. Eating whole foods that are high in nutrients will keep you feeling full longer and make you feel great and energized!
6. Allow Time For Digestion: In conjunction with intermittent fasting, make sure to leave at least 2 hours in-between dinner and your bed time. Experts state that having at least 2 hours to digest your food before you go to bed will allow your body enough time to digest the foods properly, leading to better sleep quality.
7. Get Quality Sleep: Sleep quality is also important when it comes to losing weight, as sleep deprivation can disrupt your metabolism and lead you to craving processed carbs. When you get an adequate amount of sleep, your body is better equipped of riding itself of stress hormones, and in turn improving your metabolism. Make sure you are getting adequate vitamins such as vitamin D3 as not only will you sleep better, there is a theory that having low vitamin D3 can cause you to be more hungry as there is a link to an increase in hunger hormones. Talk to your doctor to see if you are low in vitamin D3 and how much you should supplement.
8. Drink Plenty of Water: This should be a no brainer, but many do not realize that they do not drink enough water throughout the day. Drinking plenty of water not only fills, you up but it also energizes you and makes you feel great. Try drinking two glasses of water prior to eating your meals as it will reduce your appetite leading you to eating less than you need to.
Don't forget to use your Trim and Tone belt as suggested, and you will reach your weight loss goals in no time!